Grade Seven: Quiz study guide
Here are some ways for seventh graders to review for next week’s final quiz.
Adding and subtracting decimal numbers
- Want a review sung in rap? Check out this one (I like it a lot): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg2q2sAY2pw
- Another musical review. Who says math is boring? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlotpOS8NFA
- IXL: Seventh grade: E1, E2; Sixth grade G1-G4
- Text: pp. 121-122
Adding and subtracting fractions
- This is a pretty direct explanation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIhwfqULbAE
- Here is how MathAntics looks at adding and subtracting fractions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5juto2ze8Lg
- Do you need a review of what to do when you have a mixed number in your problem? Watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8kjXfD4xas
- An explanation of adding fractions can be found at: http://www.mathsisfun.com/fractions_addition.html . They explain subtraction of fractions at: http://www.mathsisfun.com/fractions_subtraction.html
- IXL: Seventh grade: G1-G6; Sixth grade: J1-J9
- Text: pp. 82-84
Multiplying and dividing fractions
good video on multiplication is at: https://www.youtube.
- For a review of division, look at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4vEI4mk8g0 If you like the way the MathAntics guy explains things, look at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lkq3DgvmJo .
- If division with mixed numbers is confusing, look at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMTqaEbXQ6k
- An explanation of multiplication is at: http://www.mathsisfun.com/fractions_multiplication.html . An explanation of division is at: http://www.mathsisfun.com/fractions_division.html
- IXL: Seventh grade: G7-G17; Sixth grade: K1-K13
- Text: pp. 84-86
Famous Fractions (and equivalents)
- You already know these. 😊 (Check your notebook if you need to review)